Kane County Senior Resources
October 13, 2016
8:30-9 am – Networking
9 am – meeting called to order by Liz Wiggins
Pledge of Allegiance
Thank you to Nanette from GreenFields for providing breakfast.
• President Liz Wiggins
• Vice President Gail Gauger
• Treasurer Al Arellano
• Secretary Fleurette Elia – Send events to email@example.com by midnight on Thursdays.
• Membership Cheryl Reis
o Interested/new members please see Cheryl following the meeting.
o Directories are available; please pick up to deliver them if you signed up to help.
o 2017 memberships: final cut off for 2017 directory is March 1, 2017.
• Legislative Committee given by Marla Fronczak.
• Nominating committee gave presentation of slate. President: Gail Gauger, VP: Fleurette Elia, Treasurer: Vicky Montgomery, Membership: Nathan Tidwell or Nanette Falcone, Secretary: Colleen Murphy, website: Jen Mallo
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s raised $xxx.xx.
• Hanover Township Senior Fair was Sept 15. No volunteers from KCSR so we will reassess next opportunity to only sign up if there are people who will attend.
• Grants – Less money available due to the adjusted membership year. 3 grants of $250 each will be available. Applications available—please see Liz. Applications are due in November & grants will be awarded in December.
• Give back to Elderday (meeting hosts) – Please bring items from Wish List (provided at Oct meeting) to the November meeting. They will also be awarded a $250 grant.
• December 8 – Social at Bar Louie in Geneva Commons from 4:30 – 6:30pm. KCSR will buy apps, otherwise cash bar. Al made the reservations. NO regular meeting in December.
• December 12 – Legislative Forum is coordinated by Marla. ESPN & KCSR will help to promote, sponsor and share the cost of food. 8:30am registration, 9 – 11am program. Breakfast & lunch served at Pottawatomie Center.
• January 12 – Oscar Swan breakfast. Reservations have been made by Al. We will collect the money at November meeting. In the past, it’s been $20.
• Plan for 2017 – Cougars fundraiser: discussed continuing with this tradition next year.
• Please clean up after yourself and take your literature
SPEAKER : Lora Windsor on topic – Helping Seniors with Grief
Meeting adjourned at 10:00 am
Next meeting on 11/10/16.