Kane County Senior Resources
November 10, 2016
8:30 am Networking and breakfast
9:00 am Meeting called to order – phones silenced ($1 fine for ring during meeting)
Pledge of Allegiance
No breakfast was provided.
Introduction of guests and new members – brief description of business/service
Introduction of members
- President Liz Wiggins – minutes from October approved
- Vice President Gail Gauger
- Treasurer Al Arellano – absent, treasurer report balance as $2352.92
- Secretary Fleurette Elia – Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Thursday
- Membership Cheryl Reis
- Interested / new members please see Cheryl following meeting
- Directories are available. Thank you to those who distributed them
- 2017 memberships accepted at any point, final cut off for 2017 Directory 3/1/17
- Legislative Committee – Royce gave the update today
- Nominating Committee – Vicki, Jacque, Bridget – vote for new officers
- New Slate for 2017 is as follows: President: Gail Gauger, Vice President: Fleurette Elia, Treasurer: Vicky Montgomery, Secretary: Colleen Murphy, Membership: appointed Nanette Falcone, Website maintenance: Jen Mallo
- Vote was unanimous yes for new slate
- Grants – applications due today, awarded in December. The board will meet to determine who will be granted the grant & it will be awarded at the Bar Louie event in December. Elderday will get automatic grant for sponsorship of meetings every month.
- Give back to Elderday (meeting hosts) – Thanks to all who brought items from wishlist
- December 8 – Social at Bar Louie 4:30-6:30 pm. KCSR will buy apps, cash bar. Al made reservations.
NO regular meeting in December. Proposal to change time to 4-6pm to accommodate other events; Liz will find out if time can be shifted.
- December 12 – Legislative Forum – Marla – KCSR & ESPN help promote and share cost of food
- January 12 – Breakfast at Oscar Swan – Al made reservations. Please pay $20 in advance – see Liz. If you pay in cash, please attach your business card so that Liz knows who it is coming from. People may pay at today or at December get together.
9:40 am Speaker: no speaker today.
9:45 am Meeting Adjourned