Kane County Senior Resources
8:30-9 am – Networking
9 am – meeting called to order by Gail Gauger
Introduction of guests and new members – brief description of business/service
Introduction of members
• President Liz Wiggins – absent
• Vice President Gail Gauger
• Treasurer Al Arellano
• Secretary Fleurette Elia – Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Membership Cheryl Reis – Interested / new members please see Cheryl following meeting
• Legislative Committee – Marla/Royce gave the updates & spoke about the upcoming December meeting.
• Nominating Committee – We need at least 3 volunteers to put together slate for presentation in October, vote in November. We will add a member to tend to website. Those who volunteered for the committee were Vicky Montgomery, Jacque Suhr, & Bridget Schaeffer.
• Cougars game 7/27 – Al – Approximately $3250 was raised in total including the matching funds from Gail’s trust, minus $75 for Ozzie to attend Walk. Profits from ESPN t-shirt sales yet to be determined.
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s 9/24 – Al/Heather – Still time to form team or sign up to walk w/ senior providers (KCSR, ESPN and DeKalb Senior Service Providers).
• After-Hours Bar Louie July 14 – Fair attendance, fun time
• Hanover Township Senior Fair September 15 – Will share table w/ ESPN, Al will check with Liz as she is last person to have the table top display. Jacque Suhr from Home For Life Advantage will do 1pm-3pm time slot. William will do 3pm-5pm time slot.
• Grants – Less money is available due to adjusted membership year. 3 grants of $250 each is what will be given. Applications will be available in October, due in November, awarded in December.
• Give back to Elderday (meeting hosts) – Please bring items from Wish List to November meeting, will also award $250 grant. Mollie was asked to put together the wish list.
• December 8 – Social at Bar Louie 4:30-6:30 pm. KCSR will buy apps, cash bar. No meeting was voted & agreed.
• December 12 (8:30am-11:30am) – Legislative Forum – Marla – KCSR & ESPN will help promote and share cost of food.
• January 12 – Breakfast at Oscar Swan, Liz will make reservations. Al has confirmed venue is secured. January 5th will be deadline for payment of $20 to attend. Same timing as the meeting.
• Distribution of new directories – MANY THANKS to Cheryl and Bryan for all of their hard work!!! We need volunteers to deliver to the set locations.
• Please clean up after yourself and take your literature
• Combined KCSR/ESPN Board meeting in October to discuss future partnerships
SPEAKER : Colleen Caron, Alexian Brothers, on Laughing and how it affects one’s body
Meeting adjourned at 10 am
Next meeting on 10/13/16