Kane County Senior Resources
8:30-9 am – Networking
9 am – meeting called to order by Liz Wiggins
• Phones off/silenced
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Thank you to Elderday for hosting meeting
• Breakfast provided by Colleen Murphy with Vital Wellness
• Welcome guests and new members
• Introduction of members with a brief description of business/service
• Approval of May 2016 minutes by Carol Murin, seconded by Marla Fronczak
• President Liz Wiggins
• Vice President Gail Gauger
• Treasurer Al Arellano
• Secretary Fleurette Elia
• Membership Cheryl Reis
• Legislative Committee given by Marla Fronczak. Liz requested for Marla to email Fleurette the bill numbers & names that she referenced so Fleurette can include in her email blast. Budgets deadline was 5/31/16 & no budget has yet to be set.
• Cougar’s game tickets handed out by Al & monies collected.
• T-shirts to be made by Bernee; she will hand out as they are made. She can take orders up until the week prior to the game.
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s on 9/24, Team Captain will be HeatherDudzinski.
• Holmstad senior fair on 5/25 was well attended.
• Batavia Super Savvy Senior Fair on 6/8 – we had no representation. Reminder to all: if you sign up for an event, please be sure you mark your calendar. Mollie Blum covered our EPSN/KCSR table in addition to her own. Thanks to Mollie.
• After-Hours Bar Louie July 14 from 4 – 6pm in lieu of our meeting. KCSR will provide a limited amount of appetizers for this event.
• Liz addressed the members to ask for assistance with our website maintenance. Jennifer Mallo of Brighton Gardens volunteered for this task. Jennifer will get with Fleurette and Cheryl to gain direction.
• Please clean up after yourself and take your literature
• No meetings in July or August—HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
SPEAKER Amy Fields, Brightstar Care on Healthy Brain – Brain Games
Meeting adjourned at 10:10 am
Next meeting on 9/8/16