Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: April 14, 2016
• Began at 8:30 a.m.
• Was called to order at 9 a.m. by President
• Thank you to Mollie at Elderday for hosting the meeting
• Pledge of Allegiance led by Fleurette
• Breakfast was not provided today
• Introductions of new members took place.
• Introductions of current members took place
• Introduction of new Vice President, Gail Gauger.
• Gail asked for a May breakfast sponsor & speaker opportunity for months of August through December. Dan Bell volunteered to bring breakfast for May.
• Please send all flyers for email blast by Thursday evening as email blasts are sent out on Friday mornings. Email secretary at email@example.com
• $ 857.22 currently in checkbook
• Money has been paid upfront for the baseball tickets and money will be replenished as members purchase said tickets.
• Cheryl gave a reminder that July 1st is the deadline for membership fee of $25 for July – December 2016 membership. This is to get us on track for a January to December membership year.
• Our directory will be combined with ESPN.
• Legislative Committee – no updates given this week.
• Kane County Cougar Game on 7/27 in the evening
o Bernee will be making the t-shirts for ESPN to sell as an additional fund raiser to donate to the Alzheimer’s Association.
o Please wear purple Alzheimer’s Association t-shirt or purple that evening to the game.
o Please pay Al for the amount of tickets you signed up to purchase with cash or check. Receipts are available.
o Al will hand out tickets at May or June meeting.
o Gail has graciously volunteered to match our donation x 3 up to $500.
• Super savvy senior fair is on Wednesday, June 8, through the Batavia Park District; Liz will sign up KCSR/ESPN for a combined table
• Holmstad Fair is on 5/25 & Liz will sign up KCSR/ESPN
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s is on 9/24
Speaker – Jennifer Traglia, Grand Gen Resources on Mediation for seniors and their families
>>Meeting Adjourned at 10:02 a.m.
Next meeting: Thursday, 5/12 at 8:30 a.m.