Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: March 10, 2016
• Began at 8:30 a.m.
• Was called to order at 9 a.m. by President
• Thank you to Mollie at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
• Pledge of Allegiance led by Al
• Breakfast was hosted by Penny at heritage woods of Batavia
• Introductions of new members took place.
• Introductions of current members took place
• Tori announced resignation from board due to territory change with new company
Per our bylaws, the Board will assign an interim Vice President to serve until the next election. We have one volunteer – anyone interested see Liz.
• No announcements
• $ 783.22 currently in checkbook
• 2 audits have been done since Al took the office and checkbook register is available for member review
• Cheryl Not in attendance; Liz gave information for new members to join our group and welcomed guests. If bylaws are amended to change membership year, members will be asked to pay $25 for second half of 2016 and new year will begin on January 1 ($50/year). A new directory combining KCSR and ESPN members will be done after July 1.
• Legislative Committee – Marla gave an update regarding the State budget
• Bylaw amendments
Members voted to approve proposed bylaw amendments that change membership year from July through June to January through December, and clarify officers’ responsibilities
• Kane County Cougar Game on 7/27 in the evening
o Bernee will be making the t-shirts for ESPN to sell as an additional fund raiser to donate to the Alzheimer’s Association
o Flyer to be given to Mickey so she can post on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Facebook page
o Membership list was sent around with a column to mark how many tickets each person would be able to sell
o We have reserved Section 113 with 216 seats and initially purchased 100 tickets. The tickets will be available in April
• Super savvy senior fair is on Wednesday, June 8, through the Batavia Park District; Liz will sign up KCSR/ESPN for a combined table
• Holmstad Fair is on 5/25 & Liz will sign up KCSR/ESPN
o If a member volunteers to work the table for KCSR, s/he will be able to put out his/her company’s literature. Everyone agreed to this
o Caroline volunteered to work the table
Speaker – Mickey Peterson from the Alzheimer’s Association
>>Meeting Adjourned at 10:10 a.m.
Next meeting: Thursday, 4/14 at 8:30 a.m.