Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, November 12, 2015
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Thank you to Carol Murin for providing breakfast
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- October minutes were approved.
President- Liz Wiggins- Discussed possible merger of KCSR and ESPN. ESPN members will be surveyed. KCSR members expressed interest in survey as well. Further discussions with ESPN and KCSR members may be necessary.
Vice President-Tori Oberhelman- no report
Secretary-Cathy Weber- no report
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano-current balance $3098.22
Membership- Cheryl Reis- directories are available for distribution updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- Nominating committee- Voting to take place at December meeting
- Senior fair at Hosanna Church-low attendance but no charge for booth
- The Legislative Forum date has been set to December 14th.
- Holiday breakfast January 14 at Oscar Swan in Geneva 9:00am. $20.00/pp Must pay in advance
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak
-2 yr budget passed
-still cuts in programs i.e. Senior Health Insurance Program
-Still no State budget 5 months going
-Money is passing through Government, but general services Funds are not getting paid i.e.: Adult Protective Services, Home Delivered Meals, CCP
-11/18 meeting between Governor and Senator and other key officials
-Legislative Forum 12/14, PLEASE ATTAND and encourage others to as well
SPEAKER: Carol Murin
Meeting Adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on December 10 at Elderday Center.