Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, December 10, 2015
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Thank you to Penny Barsanti for providing breakfast
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- November minutes were approved.
President- Liz Wiggins- Board members: Liz Wiggins, Pres., Tori Oberhelman, VP, Al Arellano, Treasurer, Cheryl Reiss, Membership, Fleurette Elia, Secretary
Vice President-Tori Oberhelman- no report
Secretary-Cathy Weber/Fleurette Elia- no report
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer- Al Arellano-current balance $3098.22
- Oscar Swan breakfast 1/14. Must pay in advance deadline is 1/4. $20.00
Membership- Cheryl Reis- directories are available for distribution updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- Nominating committee- Voting took place. Board announced by Liz Wiggins
- Not enough interest from ESPN & KCSR to merge. Groups will remain independent
- Holiday breakfast January 14 at Oscar Swan in Geneva 9:00am. $20.00/pp Must pay in advance
Grants were awarded to:
- Senior Service Associates in the amount of $500.00
- Central Kane TRIAD in the amount of $500.00
- Elderday Center in the amount of $500.00
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak
-after 6 months still no State budget
-if no funding by 1/1 programs will be cut(no community dining, home delivered meals only 2/days per week)
-Money is passing through Government, but general services Funds are not getting paid i.e.: Adult Protective Services, Home Delivered Meals, CCP
SPEAKER: No speaker- Member Quiz!
Meeting Adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on January 14 at Oscar Swan(Holiday Party- no official meeting)