Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, September 10, 2015
• Began at 8:30 a.m.
• Thank you to Reserve of Geneva for breakfast
• Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
• Pledge of Allegiance was said
• Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
• Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
• September minutes were approved.
President- Liz Wiggins- no report
Vice President-Tori Oberhelman- no report
• Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer- Al Arellano-current balance $3098.22
Membership- Cheryl Reis- directories are available for distribution
• An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
• Nominating committee- Liz Wiggins- President, Tori Oberhelman- Vice President, Al Arellano- Treasurer, Cheryl Reis- Membership, Fleurette Elia- Secretary. Voting to take place at November meeting
• Alzheimers walk September 26 –Great turnout. KCSR raised $1000.00. Total raised was around $110,000 goal was $70,000.
• The Legislative Forum date has been set to December 14th.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak and Royce Blackwell
*See below . (Thank you Marla for print out)
• Senior Fair w/Sen McConnaughay 10/14 9a-12p. Fluerette Elia and Bryan Ernst volunteered to attend for KCSR
• Holiday Events:
-Elderday wish list instead of pancake breakfast
-Afterhours in December date and location to be determined
-January breakfast at Oscar Swan January 14, 2016(date to be confirmed upon booking)
– In lieu of Grants, set aside money for Senior Services?
SPEAKER: Kelly Frystak MOTR/L
Meeting Adjourned at 10:10 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on November 12 at Elderday Center.
Senior Services Annual Holiday Meal Program date for delivery is Saturday, December 12, 2015.
We are looking for people to help
1. Purchase gifts, tags will soon be available
2. Volunteers to deliver meals and gifts.
For more information call 630-897-4035
*Event fliers attached