Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, August 13, 2015
• Began at 8:30 a.m.
• Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
• Pledge of Allegiance was said
• Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
• Breakfast was hosted by Ajdina Martinez from Presence Fox Knoll.
• Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
• June minutes were approved. No meeting in July
President- Liz Wiggins-
Vice President-Tori Garland
• Please send any event notifications/announcements email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano-the Cougars game fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Walk raised about $1000 . Membership balance is $3277.02
Membership- Cheryl Reis-The 2015-2016 membership directories are ready
• An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
• There was no meeting in July. KCSR met afterhours at Bar Louie for a fundraiser for The Salvation Army Golden Diners. KCSR raised $500 and Gail’s family fund included an additional $1500 for a total of $2000.
• A Nominating Committee will be formed in September to select the new officers that will start on January 2016.
• During the Aug 12th, Kane County Cougars game to support Alzheimer’s association KCSR raised a total of $1000. Liz Wiggins sent Derek at the Kane County Cougars a thank you note.
• Diane Beukleman thanks everyone for the support she received during the loss of her loved one.
• KCSR is working on scheduling a discharge planner vender fair at Mercy with the help of Ajdina.
• Rush-Copley is currently transitioning with new management, once things settle Donna will help get a vender fair set up.
• There will be a hoarding seminar in November, more details to come
• The Legislative Forum date has been set to December 14th.
• Al and Tori will be heading the Alzheimer’s Walk KCSR team. Members can bring their dog(s) as long as the dog is on a leash.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak and Royce Blackwell
-Illinois is still lacking a budget. Money is not passing through to agencies that depend on State or Federal Funding.
-The Senate just passed a bill that will allow for Federal Funding
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on September 10th at Elderday Center