Kane County Senior Resources
February 11, 2015
8:30 am Networking and breakfast
9:00 am Meeting called to order – request for phones silenced ($1 fine for ring during meeting)
Pledge of Allegiance
Thank you to Al Arellano from Heritage Woods South Elgin/White Oaks for providing breakfast
Introduction of guests and new members – brief description of business/service
Introduction of members
Approval of December 2015 minutes
- President Liz Wiggins
- Review of accomplishments and challenges in 2015: which included significant donations to the Alzheimer’s Association and Salvation Army Golden Diners as well as grants to Elderday Center, Senior Services and Central Kane County TRIAD.
- Comments on networking: try to help other partners by showing your support & attending their events if you can
- Vice President Tori Oberhelman
- Sign up for meeting breakfasts went around; if no one signs up, no breakfast will be provided
- We would like to be sure that the speakers coming in to speak for KCSR don’t overlap with ESPN speakers to avoid redundancy. Speakers’ topics should be related to senior related topics.
- Treasurer Al Arellano: gave update on funds; $1409.22 currently
- Audit suggested; no volunteers so Fleurette volunteered to go over with Al
- Secretary – Fleurette Elia
- Reminder to get announcements in by 8am on Friday for the Friday blast
- Please make sure you are receiving emails from KCSR; if not, please get a hold of FE or Cheryl
- Membership – Cheryl Reis
- In order to align membership year with Elgin Senior Providers Network so we can combine directories, the Board recommends amending bylaws (see New Business). If passed, members will be asked to pay $25 for the second half of 2016, and $50 for the new membership year beginning January 1, 2017.
- Legislative Committee Review of Legislative Forum
- Recap of Hoarding Taskforce: happened at Prisco Center—not many volunteers, please remember to try to support these events if you agree they should take place; next one should take place in St. Charles and it will be a big event
- The Board proposed amendments to bylaws that would change membership year and clarify roles of officers. Proposed amendments were distributed to those present and will be emailed to all other members at least 2 weeks prior to the next meeting. Vote will take place at March 10,bylaws may be amended with a majority vote of those present.
- Alzheimer’s/Cougars fundraiser: this will be a July event. Tickets will be $10, $6 of which KCC will donate back to us for the Alzheimer’s Association. Date still TBD
- Alz walk date for ST. Charles will be 9/24 & Naperville will be 9/18; Cougars game TBD
- If you can’t get a team together w your place of employment or if your group is small, consider walking w KCSR!!
- Oscar Swan breakfast was a huge success! Fun had by all. Friendly reminder, PLEASE RSVP next year!! It is not fair to other who do if food runs out L
- Purple t-shirts suggested to wear at the KCC game this summer! Mickey Peterson from the Alzheimer’s Association will see if there are any regular size t-shirts to donate from last years Alz walk
- The next KCSR meeting will take place on Thursday, March 10, 2016, 8:30/9 am at Elderday Center
9:40 am Speaker – Tim Wisely – The impact of music on the mind and body
10:00 am Meeting Adjourned