Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, June11, 2015
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Al Arellano from Heritage woods south elgin
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- May minutes were approved
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President-Tori Garland
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano
Membership- Cheryl Reis
The 2015-2016 Membership Applications are available. The Membership Application in due by June 30th to be included in the directory. The cost is $50 for a one year membership. Each agency may have two people attend the meetings and receive emails. Each agency only gets one vote.
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- The Discharge Planners lunch was a success, we had great participation. We are hoping to schedule similar events at Rush-Copley and Mercy Hospitals with the help of Donna and Sam.
- The Holmstad Senior fair will took place May 27th. Thank you to Caroline, Wendy, Fleurette and Gail
- The Super Savvy Senior Expo will take place on Wednesday, June 3rd from 9am- 12pm. Thank you Tori and Cathy
- There will be no meeting in July, but we are planning to meet afterhours at Bar Louie, we are also doing a fundraiser for The Salvation Army Golden Diners. Gail is willing to match the donation up to $1500. Flyer to follow
- Liz is on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Committee and will sign up KCSR as a team. If your organization is not having its own team, please consider walking with KCSR. Sept 26th
- Aug 12th, Kane county cougars game to support Alzheimers association. Every ticket that we sell for ten dollars; 6$ will go to the association. Whomever sells the most tickets will get to throw the first pitch.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak and Royce Blackwell
Mary Helen Ekstam, how to be a friend to someone with a serious illness
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on July 9th at bar louie
Fundraiser starts at 4 pm, ends when we hit 500$ earned