Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted Claudeen Saxon from The Tillers Nursing & Rehab
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- April minutes were approved
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President-Tori Garland
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano-Absent
- The balance currently is $1,385.18
Membership- Cheryl Reis
The 2015-2016 Membership Applications are available. The Membership Application in due by June 30th to be included in the directory. The cost is $50 for a one year membership. Each agency may have two people attend the meetings and receive emails. Each agency only gets one vote.
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- The Discharge Planners lunch was a success, we had great participation. We are hoping to schedule similar events at Rush-Copley and Mercy Hospitals with the help of Donna and Sam.
- The Holmstad Senior fair will take place Wednesday, May 27 from 10am-2pm. Caroline Olinger, Wendy Kraska, Fleurette Elia, and Gail Gauger have volunteered to represent the group. Gail has volunteered to set up and work the first half from 10 am – noon.
- The Super Savvy Senior Expo will take place on Wednesday, June 3rd from 9am- 12pm. Tori has volunteered to represent KCSR.
- There will be no meeting in July, but we are planning to meet afterhours at Bar Louie, we are also doing a fundraiser for The Salvation Army Golden Diners. Gail is willing to match the donation up to $1500.
- Liz is on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Committee and will sign up KCSR as a team. If your organization is not having its own team, please consider walking with KCSR.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak and Royce Blackwell
Sixth White House Conference on Aging
50th anniversary of Medicare, Medicaid and the Older Americans Act
80th anniversary of Social Security
70th anniversary end of WWII
Governor’s proposed FY 16 budget – Proposed changes affecting Community Care program (Link below is to the AARP website to save CCP)
New – Determination of Need Eligibility for CCP to increase from 29 to 37
New – Income eligibility of $17,500 (current grandfathered) now program only requires $17,500 asset level
Nicole Melone, Visiting people with dementia
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, June 11th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m.
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Speaker will be Mary Helen from Journey Care