Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, April 9, 2015
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there is a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted Jason OHiggins from Autumn Leaves
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- March minutes were approved
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President-Tori Garland
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano-Absent
- You can see the attached Treasurer’s report
Membership- Cheryl Reis
The 2015-2016 Membership Applications are now available Dues will remain $50 and you’re able to print the application online
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- Liz read a thank you note from Senior Services Associates for the KCSR grant money they have received. S.S.A. will use the money to help supplement programs and activities that are currently in place.
- The Discharge Planners lunch was a success, we had great participation. We are hoping to schedule similar events at Rush-Copley and Mercy Hospitals.
- The Holmstad Senior fair will take place Wednesday, May 27. Caroline Olinger, Wendy Kraska, and Fleurette Elia have volunteered to represent the group. We will discuss the schedule in the May meeting.
- There will be no meeting in July, but we are planning to meet afterhours at Bar Louie, we are also considering doing a fundraiser at this event.
- We have discussed the possibility of making a volunteer commitment to the Salvation Army as a group. We need more information about whether or not each of us will need to have a background check done.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak and Royce Blackwell- Both Absent
- No new items were discussed
Nancie Dorjath, Practitioner Orders For Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, May 14th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Claudeen Saxton from The Tillers
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Speaker will be Nicole Melone from Tower Hills presenting, “Enhancing visits with your loved one.”