Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Strohschein Law Group
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- October minutes were reviewed, Donna Sperlakis motioned for approval and Lisa Ceinski seconded.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger –Absent
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano
- Our current balance is $3744.52
Membership- Carol Murrin
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- The Annual Legislative Forum will be held December 8that Pottawatomie Park in St. Charles. KCSR is a breakfast sponsor again this year and ESPN is sponsoring lunch. There is a planning meeting on October 22 at 3pm at Delnor Glen, please contact Marla Fronczak (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in joining the committee.
- A verbal vote was held to approve the slate of next year’s board members, there were no objections, slate stood approved by the majority. Tori Garland will be the new Vice President. Nidya Garcia will be Secretary and Cheryl Reis will be our Membership chair. Liz Wiggins will be staying on as President and Al Arellano as Treasurer.
- The Holiday Breakfast will be held at Oscar Swan in Geneva again this year. That event will be held on Thursday, January 8th at 9am. The cost will be $20 per person, please send a check to the KCSR PO Box, or give it to Al at the December meeting. You MUST RSVP and pay by December 31st.
- We will be having a pancake breakfast for the seniors at Elderday and for our group, in place of our regular December meeting on the 11th. The signup sheets went around for items to bring and for volunteer jobs that will need to be done. We are expecting 25 from Elderday and then with our group, we will plan for about 60 people. The list will be blasted out after the meeting, please let Amanda know if you wish to sign up for anything after today.
- We are having a KCSR Holiday afterhours party on December 11th from 4-7pm at Bar Louie in the Geneva Commons. Al is working with the bar to see what kind of specials he can get for us. KCSR is planning to provide some appetizers and we will have a cash bar.
- Grant applications were due by this meeting. The board will meet to decide what grants will be awarded at the December meeting.
Kurt Hjelle – What is your personality Style?
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, December 11th (Pancake Breakfast)