Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, October 9, 2014
• Began at 8:30 a.m.
• Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
• Pledge of Allegiance was said
• Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
• Breakfast was hosted by Nancy from Unity Hospice
• Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
• September minutes were reviewed, Cindy Shaw motioned for approval and Lisa Ceinski seconded.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger –Absent
Secretary- Amanda Castro
• Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer- Al Arellano
• Our current balance is $3687.62
Membership- Carol Murrin – Absent
• The directories are in; please take some home with you.
• An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
• The Annual Legislative Forum will be held December 8that Pottawatomie Park in St. Charles. KCSR is a breakfast sponsor again this year and ESPN is sponsoring lunch. There is a planning meeting on October 22 at 3pm at Delnor Glen, please contact Marla Fronczak (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining the committee.
• The Nominating committee presented the slate that we will vote on in November. Tori Garland will be running for Vice President. Nidya Garcia will be running for Secretary and Cheryl Reis will be running for Membership.
• The “German Fest” took place on Friday, September 19th at St. Paul’s Church. We had a good turn out and enough food, could’ve used a little more potato salad, but had plenty of brats and other goodies. We raised $262 for the Salvation Army Golden Diners, which will be put towards their Meals on Wheels program.
• The Mercy Case Manager Lunch was on September 22nd and we had about 6 Case Managers attend, along with the head of the department. It was a vendor style fair and they took the time to visit each table and gather the information. We did provide them with a box lunch after the event as well.
• The Holiday Breakfast will be held at Oscar Swan in Geneva again this year. That event will be held on Thursday, January 8th at 9am. The cost will be $18-$20 per person and will need to be collected in advance.
• We will be having a pancake breakfast for the seniors at Elderday and for our group, in place of our regular December meeting on the 11th. The signup sheets went along for items to bring and for volunteer jobs that will need to be done. We are expecting 25 from Elderday and then with our group, we will plan for about 60 people. The list will be blasted out after the meeting, please let Amanda know if you wish to sign up for anything after today.
• We are having a KCSR Holiday afterhours party on December 11th from 4-7pm at Bar Louie in the Geneva Commons. Al is working with the bar to see what kind of specials he can get for us. KCSR is planning to provide some appetizers and we will have a cash bar, more details to come.
• Grant applications are available to all of our Non-Profit members. They can be found on our website, or we have some available at each meeting. They must be turned in by November 13th.
Royce Blackwell, Medicare Open Enrollment Updates
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, November 13th
• Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Strohschein Law Group
• Meeting at 9 a.m.
• Speaker will be Kurt Hjelle on “What is your personality style?”