Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, September 11, 2014
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Cheryl Reis from Brightstar
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- August minutes were reviewed and there were no corrections, so they were approved by group motion.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano
- Our current balance is $4578.82
Membership- Carol Murrin
- The final directory is at the printer, we might have it in time for the German Fest.
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
- Federal: Congress has passed a Continuing Resolution for the FY 15 fiscal year beginning October 1st. They agreed to provide federal funding through December 11, 2014. After this point if a budget is not passed another CR will need to be in place or we will face another government shutdown.
- State: Nothing is happening at the State level and will probably remain quiet until after the November elections.
- The Annual Legislative Forum will be held December 8that Pottawatomie Park in St. Charles. KCSR is a breakfast sponsor again this year and ESPN is sponsoring lunch. There is a planning meeting today at 3pm at Delnor Glen, please contact Marla Fronczak (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in joining the committee.
- The Nominating committee is still looking for board nominations, if you would like to put in your name please contact Marla or Amanda. The Membership and Secretary roles are available for next year.
- The fall is a “German Fest” at St. Paul’s on Friday, September 19th from 11:30-1pm. We will blast out the sign-up sheet again to remind everyone what they signed up to bring. We will begin set up at 10:00am on Friday and we expect everyone to pitch-in in some way. If you can’t make it to the event, but signed up for an item, please drop it off at the church the day before. We are expecting around 100 people.
- The Mercy Case Manager Lunch will be on Monday, September 22nd from Noon- 1pm. Setup will begin at 11am and we will be in the McAuley/Buckley Conference room on the lower level of Mercy Hospital. This will be a vendor style fair, just like we did at Rush-Copley. We are limited to 20 providers, so sign-up will be first come, first serve (email email@example.com). We will be stuffing 15 bags again right after this meeting. Once again please no displays, pull-up banners, or tablecloths –KCSR will provide tablecloths as we will be sharing tables. KCSR will be providing Box Lunches for the Case Managers that come to the fair.
- The board had proposed amendments to KCSR bylaws to clarify terms of membership at the last meeting. The flyer was passed out and emailed to the membership, we voted to approve the amendments, Steve Thoren was our First and Micki Miller Seconded, All were in favor and the amendments passed. We will update the website with the new version.
- The group decided at the last meeting to have the Holiday Breakfast at Oscar Swan in Geneva again this year. That event will be held on Thursday, January 8th at 9am. The cost will be $18-$20 per person and will need to be collected in advance.
- The group decided in August that we would like to do a pancake breakfast for the seniors at Elderday. We will be holding that in place of our regular December meeting on the 11th. We will work on getting a signup sheet for the next meeting.
- Al is also looking into possible locations for us to hold a KCSR Holiday afterhours party. Right now the tentative date is December 11th from 5-7pm. KCSR is planning to provide some appetizers and we will have a cash bar, more details to come.
Dan Parson, Elderlaw Attorney and KCSR member, opened up the floor and took questions from the group about common legal problems and how we can deal with them.
Meeting Adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, October 9th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Nancy Ramos from Unity Hospice
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Speaker will be Royce Blackwell on the Medicare Updates and Open Enrollment