Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, June 12, 2014
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Al Arellano from Hospice Advantage
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- May minutes were reviewed and there were no corrections, so they were approved by group motion.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Al Arellano
- Our current balance is $3,460.03
Membership- Carol Murrin
- We have membership applications for next year, or they are on the website. Dues must be in by June 30th.
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
- The Audit Committee met with Al who took over for Cindy when she left. They found no discrepancies.
- The TRIAD fundraiser was held on May 22nd at Delnor Glen, which was the Premier Jewelry party. We received some pieces of jewelry for hosting and will be able to donate those as raffle baskets for future fundraisers.
- A Big thank you to Bernie, Cheryl, Kathy and Gail for working the Holmstad Health Fair on Wed. May 28th. Also, to Lisa and Nadia who worked our table for the Batavia Senior Expo on Wednesday June 4th.
- Aurora Senior Services Assoc. Senior Fair will be held on Mon. June 16 from 10 am-12 pm- Tori and Nancie will be working our table.
- KCSR After-Hours – Wednesday July 16th at Sunnymere (also their 75th anniversary). No regular July meeting will be held. Please RSVP to Ceil before July 9th if you are able to attend.
- Rush Copley Discharge Planners Lunch will be held on June 23, from 12-1pm. We will be purchasing 15 box lunches for the planners that will be attending, but we will stuff 22 bags with our information (the Tillers volunteered to provide the bags). We decided on a vendor fair format, so we can only have 30 providers in attendance. Sign up deadline is June 12th or until we reach 30 people. We will stuff the bags after the June 12th meeting, so please bring your items to the meeting. Email your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The fall event Committee met and decided that we are going to host a “German Fest” at St. Paul’s on Friday, September 19th from Noon- 2pm. St. Paul’s has a senior Vacation Bible School and Friday is there last day, so they will be invited to stay for lunch. Plus, we will be inviting seniors from the community via buildings and senior centers to attend as well. A sign-up sheet went around determining who is bringing/sponsoring which items. We will begin set up at 10:30am on Friday and we expect everyone to pitch in in some way. The sign-up sheet will be emailed out to the group after the meeting as well, to remind everyone what they signed up for, or what we still need.
Marla Fronczak from the Agency on Aging will be speaking on Illinois – State of the State -updates on the State of Illinois Initiatives: Managed Care for Dual Eligible’s (Medicare/Medicaid), 1115 Waiver and the Balancing Incentive Plan (BIP).
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, August 14th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Kathy Wetters from Right at Home Healthcare
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Speaker will be Jan from Juice Plus