Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, May 8, 2014
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Tom & Cheryl O’Shea – Shamrock Pharmacy
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- April minutes were reviewed and there were no corrections, so they were approved by group motion.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer- Cindy Bruce
- Our current balance is $1,658.03
Membership- Carol Murrin
- We have membership applications for next year, or they are on the website. Dues must be in by June 30th.
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
Illinois – Governor Quinn’s proposed budget was good for funding aging programs in FY 15. However since the temporary income tax is set to expire on January 1, 2015, IL Dept. on Aging and all other IL programs have been asked to prepare budgets based on this loss of revenue. This could have a drastic impact on funding programs such as home delivered meals.
- The Audit Committee met once, but will meet one more time. Lisa replaced Danielle on the committee for the second meeting.
- TRIAD fundraiser May 22nd at Delnor Glen – Premier Jewelry party. We will receive 50% of profits if she is able to book 3 parties. Jewelry is around $30 each. Delnor will be providing the food and drinks.
- Holmstad Health Fair Wed. May 28, 10 am-2 pm – Cheryl, Kathy and Gail will be taking turns at our table.
- Batavia Senior Expo Wednesday June 4th – KCSR will have table. Lisa and Nadia will be working our table.
- Aurora Senior Services Assoc. Senior Fair Mon. June 16 10 am-12 pm- Tori and Nancie will be working our table.
- KCSR After-Hours – Wednesday July 16th at Sunnymere (also their 75th anniversary). No regular July meeting will be held.
- Rush Copley Discharge Planners Lunch will be held on June 23, from 12-1pm. We will be purchasing 15 box lunches for the planners that will be attending, but we will stuff 22 bags with our information (the Tillers volunteered to provide the bags). We decided on a vendor fair format, so we can only have 30 providers in attendance. Sign up deadline is June 12th or until we reach 30 people. We will stuff the bags after the June 12th meeting, so please bring your items to the meeting. Email your RSVP to email@example.com.
- The event Committee is meeting today after we adjourn to discuss the fall event and will report back next month.
Kim Pritikin from Therapy Care presented on Communicating w/ Dementia Patients
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, June 12th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Cure Home Health
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Marla Fronczak from the Agency on Aging will be speaking on Illinois – State of the State -updates on the State of Illinois Initiatives: Managed Care for Dual Eligible’s (Medicare/Medicaid), 1115 Waiver and the Balancing Incentive Plan (BIP).