Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, April 10, 2014
NETWORKING: Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Jen Pugh – A Place For Mom
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- March minutes were reviewed and there were no corrections, so they were approved by group motion.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger
- We are looking for a breakfast sponsor for October and speakers for October and November this year. Please feel free to reach out to contacts that you know that you think would be an interesting topic for the group to learn about, or let Gail know and she can reach out for you.
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer- Cindy Bruce
- Our current balance is $1,690.03
Membership- Carol Murrin
- We have membership applications for next year, or they are on the website. Dues must be in by June 30th.
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
Marla couldn’t be with us this morning, so Royce gave us a brief update:
He reported that the Federal Government was just doing more of the same stuff…
Representative Ryan put out his version of the budget agreement in January that covered this fiscal year and last. In Royce’s opinion, the republicans don’t even agree with it and the senate will never approve it. He also believes that even if they did it would be denied at the White House.
- TRIAD fundraiser May 22nd at Delnor Glen – Premier Jewelry party. We will receive 50% of profits if she is able to book 3 parties. Jewelry is around $30 each. Delnor will be providing the food and drinks.
- Batavia Senior Expo Wednesday June 4th – KCSR will have table. We need volunteers to work the table.
- KCSR After-Hours – Wednesday July 16th at Sunnymere (also their 75th anniversary). No regular July meeting will be held.
- We are working on setting a date with Rush Copley Discharge Planners for a breakfast with them. After Copley we will set up a breakfast with Presence Mercy Hospital in Aurora.
- It was decided by show of hands that we will not be holding a senior fair this fall at St. Paul’s. Gail asked for volunteers to form an event Committee to explore other options and 7 people volunteered. They will meet separately and come back to the group with ideas to vote on.
- Cindy Bruce, Diane Buckelman and Danielle Leach are planning to audit our books this month and then report back to us. According to the bylaws we need to audit every two years.
- The group agreed to participate in the Senior Health Fair at the Holmstad on May 28th.
Edna Groves presented on Your Life is Your Legacy: Four-letter Words to Live By: Discovering the values which underlie your decisions and actions, and are embedded in your legacy.
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, May 8th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Harbor Light Hospice
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Kim Pritikin from Therapy Care will be presenting on Communicating with Dementia Patients