Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday February 13, 2014
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Liz Wiggins – there will now be a $1 charge for phones that ring during the meeting, so please silence your phones.
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Geneva Place
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
- January minutes were reviewed and there were no corrections, so they were approved by group motion.
President- Liz Wiggins
Vice President- Gail Gauger
- We are looking for breakfast sponsors and speakers for this year. Please feel free to reach out to contacts that you know that you think would be an interesting topic for the group to learn about, or let Gail know and she can reach out for you.
- We are looking for volunteers to be on an event committee to brainstorm ideas for a fall event.
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website will be up before the next meeting. Will blast out to group when it is ready.
Treasurer- Cindy Bruce
- Our current balance is around $1600
Membership- Carol Murrin
- The directory is complete and is here today, please take some and distribute them.
- Anyone wishing to join our group between now and June when we collect the annual dues, will be charged a half membership of $25. The board has decided not to raise the membership dues for next year and we will begin collecting those in April – MUST be in by JUNE 30th to qualify for the directory- no late payments will be accepted this year!
- An updated sign-in sheet went around; please make any corrections to your name and email.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
Legislators continue to kick the can down the road – More details in March
- We took a vote and unanimously approved the changes that were purposed to the bylaws back in 2011.
- According to the bylaws we need to audit our books every two years, so we asked for volunteers to sit down with Cindy and review the books. Diane Buckelman and Danielle Leach volunteered.
- Breakfast with the Delnor Discharge Planners will be on Thursday, March 6 from 8-9 am. KCSR will pay for D/C Planner’s Breakfast; members will pay $15 for their own breakfast. Members must make a reservation and pay by Friday, February 28th – no exceptions! We will be stuffing 25 bags with member’s information that they would like to drop off on the 28th at Elderday at 9am. The breakfast will be held in MOB 351 (come in the South Entrance).
- TRIAD fundraiser May 22 at Delnor Glen – Premier Jewelry party. We will receive 50% of profits if she is able to book 3 parties
- Batavia Senior Expo Wednesday June 4 – KCSR will have table. We need volunteers to work the table.
- KCSR After-Hours – Wednesday July 16 at Sunnymere (also their anniversary). No regular July meeting will be held.
Cecelia Sanders from Sunnymere speaking on the 5 Wishes program
Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next meeting will be held on Thursday, March 13th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast provided by Brighton Gardens
- Meeting at 9 a.m.
- Senior Services & Assoc. will be giving updates on their Adult Protective Services and Ombudsman Programs.