MINUTES FOR: Thursday, October 10, 2013
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Marla Fronczak
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Colleen Noe from Integrative Family Healthcare.
- September minutes were reviewed and there was a correction for next month’s speaker. Motion for approval with corrections was given by Royce Blackwell.
President- Marla Fronczak
Vice President- Liz Wiggins
- Liz brought up that in lieu of the senior fair this year that she would like to look at holding 3-4 activities next year. We are currently scheduled to host a legislative forum in December, which we would like to continue each year. We would also like to consider fundraisers for TRIAD (both the SouthEast and Elgin groups), having a networking/fundraiser in conjunction with the Chamber and still host an event at St. Paul’s. The group may decided to do the fair next year, but if not we would like to have speakers or a social event at the church.
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
- Survey Results: 26 members completed the website survey and it has been decided that we are going to focus on it being a professional site where members can come to get important information; such as: meeting minutes, agendas, membership directory and a calendar of events.
Treasurer- Mary Pat English (absent)
- Our current balance is $5,416.97
Membership- (Carol Murrin- interim chair)
- The directory is close to being completed. They are still missing a couple applications from companies, so if you have been contacted by Carol, please get those turned in ASAP. They did lose the original format of the directory; however, the printer is working with us to recover the document so that we do not have to start from scratch.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
- Congress did not pass the FY 14 budget or a Continuing Resolution so the government shut down as of October 1st which was the beginning of the fiscal year. The government need to raise the Debt Ceiling by October 17, 2013 or the government will be in default and unable to pay its bills.
- The 2013 Kane County Legislative Forum on Senior Issues is scheduled for Monday, December 9, 2013 at Pottawatomie Community Center in St. Charles.
- The nominating committee for the 2014 board has been assembled and consists of Mary Pat English from Brightstar, Dennis Nari from Coldwell Banker and Kathy Hanlon from Elderday. If you wish to be nominated for a board position, please contact one of these people. The slate will be announced in November and we will vote at the December meeting.
- KCSR is sponsoring the legislative Forum will take place on Monday, December 9th from 8:30-11:30am at the Pottawatomie Community Center in St. Charles. We are hosting the meeting and paying for the breakfast, please help make this event successful by attending and bringing seniors to the event. Preserving Our Safety Net Programs is the theme this year and will include the following topics:
- Home Delivered Meal Programs
- Ride in Kane
- Supportive and Protective Services
- We have decided that in lieu of the Oscar Swan Holiday Party that we will cater in a hot breakfast in December for the members and the Elderday Clients. Inglenook Pantry can cater for $10/head- we need RSVP’s at November meeting. We took a vote to use KCSR funds to pay for the event, motion for approval by Micki Miller and seconded by Royce Blackwell.
- Please don’t forget that the grant applications are available on our website. We give the grants out every December and we have not yet had any applications.
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
Colleen Noe from Integrative Family Healthcare on preventative fall care
Meeting Adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
- Next month the meeting will be held on Thursday, November 14th. Breakfast will be provided by Christianah Olatunji from New Era Support.
- Networking at 8:30 a.m.
- Meeting at 9 a.m.