Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, September 12, 2013
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Marla Fronczak
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Cindy Bruce from Greenfields of Geneva
- August minutes were reviewed and motional for approval was given by Cecelia Sanders and seconded by Royce Blackwell
President- Marla Fronczak
Vice President- Liz Wiggins (absent)
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to email@example.com.
Treasurer- Mary Pat English
- Our current balance is $5,016.97
- Anna Morgese had to step down from membership due to a position change. Carol Murrin will be heading up the directory committee.
- The directory committee is meeting today to begin working on organizing the directory. We will be making it more of a resource guide using more descriptive information under each of the categories. We are still tentatively planning to have them printed by late October.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
- Congress has not passed the FY 14 budget. If they do not pass a Continuing Resolution then the government will shut down as of October 1st which is the beginning of the fiscal year. If they do pass a continuing resolution then all of the cuts to Older American’s Act programs such as Home Delivered Meals that were imposed by the sequestration will continue.
- Congress will also have to face the issue of raising the Debt Ceiling again in November.
- Insurance Exchange Market Place for the Affordable Care Act will begin on October 1st. Seniors who have Medicare or Medicaid are not eligible to enroll in this insurance program. This is only open to people who do not have any insurance coverage.
- The 2013 Kane County Legislative Forum on Senior Issues is scheduled for Monday, December 9, 2013 at Pottawatomie Community Center in St. Charles.
- The nominating committee for the 2014 board has been assembled and consists of Mary Pat English from Brightstar, Dennis Nari from Coldwell Banker and Kathy Hanlon from Elderday. If you wish to be nominated for a board position, please contact one of these people.
- Please don’t forget that the grant applications are available on our website. We give the grants out every December and we have not yet had any applications.
- Kathy Hanlon brought up the need for more transportation for seniors in Kane County. The Ride in Kane program has been limited to only medical related rides and they are no longer running personal errands. If anyone knows of an organization that can provide transportation, please let us know.
- The board brought up the KCSR Website and that we need some feedback from the group
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
Meeting Adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
- Next month the meeting will be held on Thursday, October 10th. Colleen Noe from Integrative Family Healthcare will be our speaker and providing breakfast for the group.
- Networking at 8:30 a.m.
- Meeting at 9 a.m.