Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, August 8, 2013
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Marla Fronczak
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Breakfast was hosted by Carol Murin, Solutions for Long Term Care, Inc.
President- Marla Fronczak
Vice President- Liz Wiggins
- We are looking for breakfast sponsors still through the end of the year and we need speakers for October and November.
- Liz will be out in September
Secretary- Amanda Castro
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer- Mary Pat English
- Our current balance is $4,741.97
Membership- Anna Morgese
- The directory committee is meeting today to begin working on organizing the directory. We will be making it more of a resource guide using more descriptive information under each of the categories. We are still tentatively planning to have them printed by October.
- Please check the sign in sheet for accuracy.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
- The Adult Protective Services Act was signed into law on July 1, 2013. Senior Services and Associates and IL Dept. on aging elder abuse case workers are now investing cases of abuse, neglect and exploitation of seniors and adults with disabilities (18-59).
- The IL General Assembly passed HB 1191 expanding the Long Term Care Ombudsman program duties to seniors in the community. The Ombudsman will be an advocate for recipients of Medicaid Managed Care and Home Care services in the community. The bill is waiting for the governor’s signature.
- In July we held our second After Hours event at Heritage Woods of Batavia. They had an Island theme with wonderful food, beverages and a great turn out! There will be no After Hours event in August.
- It was decided that the 12th Annual KCSR Senior Health Fair will be canceled this year. Unfortunately, we did not have enough member volunteers to chair the event and we did not have the 30 vendors needed to support this event even with reaching out to non-members such as Kendall County Senior Providers.
- We will be looking at possibly still having some sort of event this fall at St. Paul’s – the volunteers there were really looking forward to the fair. If you have any ideas for an event besides the fair, that wouldn’t take as much work, please email Liz with your ideas.
- Introductions of visitors and members took place/announcements
Meeting Adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
- Next month the meeting will be held on Thursday, September 12th. We are still looking for a breakfast sponsor – Royce Blackwell will be giving a Medicare update.
- Networking at 8:30 a.m.
- Meeting at 9 a.m.