Kane County Senior Resources
HELD SECOND THURSDAY EACH MONTH AT ELDERDAY CENTER
BATAVIA, IL 60150
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Networking
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Business Meeting
MINUTES FOR: Thursday, May 9, 2013
- Began at 8:30 a.m.
- Was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by President Marla Fronczak
- Pledge of Allegiance was said
- Thank you to Traci at Elderday for hosting the meeting.
- Motion to approve March’s Minutes by Cecelia Sanders, seconded by Jack Kreger
- Breakfast was hosted by Elderday
President- Marla Fronczak
- We are looking for someone to chair the senior fair in October, please talk to Marla if you are interested in the position. Liz Wiggins has volunteered to be a co-chair with someone.
- We will pass around a new list for breakfast sponsors and speakers; in the meantime if you are interested please talk to Marla or email Amanda.
Vice President- Emily Adams
- Emily is resigning her position as Vice President due to time constraints from her new job.
Secretary- Amanda Whitman
- Please send any event notifications/announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only paid members will receive the e-blast containing the meeting reminders, minutes, and announcements. We can also send out PDF’s now.
Treasurer- Mary Pat English
- Mary Pat had surgery this week, so we do not have the current balance; however, we have started to receive membership dues.
- There was a problem with the PO Box, but it has been corrected, so please have dues sent no later than June 1st.
Membership- Anna Morgese
- 2013-2014 membership dues by June 1st, so we can start on the directory on time. The directory committee will meet for the first time the week of 5/13.
- Please bring any extra directories that you have leftover to the pancake breakfast next month.
- Please check the sign in sheet for accuracy.
LEGISLATIVE REPORT: Marla Fronczak/Royce Blackwell
- Legislative Committee –Marla – Federal – We are still operating under a Continuing Resolution which means that there is no current budget. The president has proposed a budget but there has not been one passed from the Senate and the House of Representatives. The sequestration is continuing to impact discretionary programs such as Home Delivered Meals.
- State – HB 948 – creates an Adult Protective Services Agency using the currently Il Dept. on Aging Elder Abuse model to investigate abuse, neglect and exploitation of seniors and adults with disabilities. IL Dept. on Aging elder abuse case workers would also investigate abuse for disabled persons 18-60 which are currently served by the Office of the Inspector General. This will go into effect July 1, 2013. Prior to the takeover of the program the Dept. on Aging is advocating for sufficient funding to service this population
- The Community Care Program secured a supplemental appropriation so now Care Coordination units (Senior Services Associates) and CCP providers (Elderday) can get paid.
- Revamping the Senior Fair- the committee needs to meet and start talking. The date has been set for Saturday, October 5th. Set-up will take place that Friday from 4-6pm. We are looking for someone to chair this event! Please talk to Marla if you can help.
- The Summer After- Hour Events will be from 4-6PM on the following dates:
- June 18th at Sunnymere
- July 25th at Heritage Woods of Batavia
- August will be at Presence Fox Knoll- date to follow
- The Pancake Breakfast is on June 13th in place of our regular meeting, Please come at 8 am if possible to help with set-up. Each provider is expected not only to attend and work the event, but to spread the word and invite seniors. A signup sheet went around again at this meeting to insure that we have everything we need for the breakfast. We will have a provider information table where we can display our resource guide and various brochures.
- Introductions of members took place/announcements
Marla Fronczak on the Medicaid Care Coordination Roll-Out Plans
Meeting Adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
- Next month is the Pancake Breakfast Thursday, June 13th
- The next meeting will be held on Thursday, July 11th
- Networking at 8:30 a.m.
- Meeting at 9 a.m.